There’s a lot of good (and bad) information about ELDs on the Internet.
As such, finding answers to your ELD questions isn’t always difficult. But finding accurate answers from a reliable source often is. With so many self-proclaimed ELD experts, it’s hard to know who to trust. We want to make it easier for you to locate helpful, accurate information about ELDs, so we created this simple resource. We’ll continue to update the information and we’ll gladly answer any questions you have that may not be answered below.
Update: 3/22/2018 – We built a much more comprehensive ELD Resource Center. If you can’t find the answer to your question here, we highly recommend heading over there.
General ELD Info
- ELD Fact Sheet – Good compilation of must-know ELD info.
- ELD Checklist – Tips for choosing a compliant ELD.
- ELD Final Rule – The official rules and regulations.
Preparing for ELDs
- Drivers and Carriers – Find out if the ELD mandate applies to you and learn what you need to do if it does.
- Supporting Documents in Phase 2 – Learn about the required documents that drivers must have starting Dec. 18, 2017.
- Harassment Protection – How to prevent and report harassment, and info about additional driver protections.
- Agriculture Exemptions – Outlines the relevant HOS rules and exemptions for drivers transporting agriculture products.
- Enforcement Partners – Familiarize yourself with the phased approach that law enforcement is taking.
- ELD Implementation Timeline – Important dates and details about the three phases of the ELD rule implementation.
- How to Use ELDs – Learn what drivers must do when logging in to an ELD, and what the ELD does throughout the process.
- ELD Checklist for Drivers – Suggested driver actions, important deadlines, and details such as mandatory items related to ELDs and a list of things drivers should know how to do.
- ELD Compliance Test Procedures – The 444-page document detailing the ELD test plans and procedures.
- General Information about the ELD Rule
- ELD Exemptions
- Voluntary Usage and Compliance Phases
- Supporting Documents
- Editing and Annotations
- ELD Functions
- ELD Data Transfer
- ELD Malfunctions and Data Diagnostic Events
- ELD Accounts
- ELD Registration and Certification
- Differences between AOBRDs and ELDs
- Differences between AOBRDs and Logging Software Programs
- ELD Technical Specifications
- ELD Manufacturer Compliance
- Automatic On-Board Recording Device (AOBRD)