- 2+ years of hands-on system administration or system engineering experience
- Experience working on AWS and/or VMware in a production capacity
- Experience with Terraform/Ansible
- Familiarity with Docker/Kubernetes
- Experience with Linux based systems, including shell scripting
Additional things that could help you succeed even further in this role include:
- Experience in creating and maintaining continuous integration systems
- Solid understanding of agile methodologies and Continuous Integration/Continuous Deployment
- Solid understanding of version control systems such as Git or Mercurial
- Understanding of operational concepts such as distributed systems, alerting, monitoring, logging, and incident management
- Understanding of network engineering concepts such as firewalls and load balancers
- Interest in learning new skills and keeping pace with changing technologies
- Ability to problem solve and work with others to find the best solution
- Precision and attention to detail
- Strong interpersonal and written communication skills
- Capability to work independently and self-motivate
- Build, configure, maintain VMs in local and cloud infrastructure.
- Troubleshoot, and maintain physical systems such as servers in our datacenter.
- Troubleshoot, diagnose, and repair issues within production Linux OS and Windows server environments.
- Perform system patching, software updates, and deployments consistent with change management processes in defined maintenance windows.
- Respond quickly to system outages and alerts.
- Coordinate communication with other resources and facilitate escalations of issues as appropriate.
- Applying and supporting automation using DevOps tools such as Ansible, Kubernetes, and Terraform.
- Perform security, performance, and availability assessments.
- Deploy, manage, and maintain secure, scalable network systems using technology from a variety of vendors.
- Automate tasks through the use of DevOps tools.
- Major Medical, Dental & Vision Coverage
- 401(k) Retirement Plan
- Flexible Spending & Dependent Flexible Spending Account Plans
- Basic Life & AD&D coverage provided by the Company
- Long Term (LTD) & Short Term (STD) Disability coverage paid by the Company
- Paid Time Off: Vacation, Sick Leave & Holidays
- Flexible working environment
- Location: Jericho, New York
- Schedule: Monday – Friday